Become a Volunteer
VOLUNTEERS ARE ALWAYS NEEDED! Help Us Help You and the Community
We always welcome inquiries from potential members to join our team. We are constantly seeking members for both our day and night shifts.
If you are at least 18 years old and not enrolled in high school, you can volunteer to be a full member. If you are at least 16 years old and enrolled in high school, you can volunteer for our Cadet Program.
The broad prerequisites for full membership are:
1. The applicant must be 18 years or older
2. Applicant shall NOT be attending secondary school as a full time member
3. Applicant must possess a valid New Jersey State Driver's License
4. Applicant must submit evidence of physical well being as related to squad duties attested to by a licensed medical practitioner.
5. Applicant must be in compliance with the training requirements as follows:
a. Standard first-aid, or current equivalent, or be licensed/certified as an MD, DO, RN, Physician's Assistant, First Responder, Paramedic, or EMT Certification
b. An American Heart Association or American Red Cross full length CPR-BLS for professionals, or current equivalent.
6. Applicant must submit in writing to the Association or Borough Clerk an application to the membership committee.
For any additional information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part Time Members
The prerequisites for Part Time membership are similar to Full members but in a reduced Capacity.
For any additional information, please send an email to email@example.com
The purpose of the cadet program is to provide high-school students an opportunity to work in their community.
Cadets are required to work at least one six-hour shift per week and must remain in headquarters while on duty. To become a Cadet, applicants do not have to meet the first three requirements above but must meet requirements 4-6 and also meet the following requirements below:
1. Be at least 16 years of age and enrolled in a high school or preparatory school. He or she may be no lower than a junior
2. Have two letters of recommendation submitted to the Association's membership committee from secondary school faculty.
3. Appear before the membership committee for an interview
4. Attain parental consent
The number of Cadets is determined by the Trustees. If the schedule is full we create a waiting list for future cadet members.
If you are interested in becoming a member or cadet and have any questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Print this text