Residents will have three (3) options for leaf collection this fall:
- Put leaves in cans, open containers, or paper bags and place at curbside for Monday collection. Leaves, grass, brush, and garden debris are collected every Monday through December 4. (Must be placed at curb prior to 5 AM)
- Have your landscaper collect leaves. Landscapers are responsible for disposal of leaves and are not permitted to dump at DPW. If your landscaper plans to blow leaves into the curb they must follow the pickup schedule for your street and pay for a permit to have them vacuumed. View application.
- You may purchase a permit for $55 to have your leaves vacuumed from the curb.
- (Fee is waived for seniors who receive a $250 Senior Deduction, Disabled Person Deduction, or Widow of Senior/Disabled Person Deduction. Please note the Senior Deduction is not the same as the Property Tax Reimbursement or the Homestead Credit, and qualified individuals must meet income and age requirements set by State of NJ. To verify eligibility you may contact the Borough Clerk’s Office 908-665-1400 x0.)
Leaf Collection Guidelines
Participating residents will have their leaves vacuumed at curbside in accordance with the schedule listed below.
- Leaves must be placed in the roadway at curbside. Leaves cannot be put out until the Thursday before your scheduled pickup. They must be put out by 5 AM Monday of your collection week as outlined below.
- Sticks may not be commingled into the leaf piles – they clog the vacuum.
- Only leaves from your property are permitted.
Residents will receive a permit that must be placed in their window and be visible from the street during their collection week.
Questions concerning the program should be directed to James Johnston, Public Works Manager at 908-665-1076.
Options for Purchasing Leaf Vacuuming Permit:
Deadline for Purchasing Permit: Monday, November 20
- Pay Online and Print your Permit (Online payment option will begin on Wednesday, September 6 and end on Monday, November 20 – PLEASE CALL THE CLERK’S OFFICE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS 908-665-1400 x0). IMPORTANT! IF YOU PAY ONLINE YOU MUST PRINT THE PERMIT BEFORE YOU EXIT THE PROGRAM. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO BACK AND PRINT IT.
- Print Application– mail or bring with payment to the Municipal Center –
360 Elkwood Avenue
New Providence, NJ 07974
- Call the Borough Clerk’s Office and pay with credit card over the phone 908-665-1400 x0 (permit will be mailed to you).
|2017 Leaf Collection Schedule
Summit Line to South Street
South Street to Berkeley Heights Line
|WEEK OF:||WEEK OF:|
|October 30, 2017||October 23, 2017|
|November 13, 2017||November 6, 2017|
|December 4, 2017||November 27, 2017|
COUNTY ROAD LEAF COLLECTION SCHEDULE – RESIDENTS WHO LIVE ON COUNTY MAINTAINED ROADS WILL BE VACUUMED BY THE UNION COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT.
CLICK HERE FOR UNION COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS WEBSITE
(PICK UP SCHEDULE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE YET)
ALL ROADS LISTED BELOW WILL BE VACUUMED AS SCHEDULED BY UNION COUNTY