Residents will have three (3) options for leaf collection this fall:
- Put leaves in cans, open containers, or paper bags and place at curbside for Monday collection. Leaves, grass, brush, and garden debris are collected every Monday through December 12. (Must be placed at curb prior to 5 AM)
- Have your landscaper collect leaves. Landscapers are responsible for disposal of leaves and are not permitted to dump at DPW. If your landscaper plans to blow leaves into the curb they must follow the pickup schedule for your street. A permit must be purchased by the resident or landscaper.
- You may purchase a permit for $55 to have your leaves vacuumed from the curb.
Leaf Collection Guidelines
Residents who choose to purchase a leaf permit must place the permit in a window or door that is visible from the street during their collection week. These residents will have their leaves vacuumed at curbside in accordance with the schedule listed below.
- Leaves must be placed in the roadway at curbside. Leaves cannot be put out until the Thursday before your scheduled pickup. They must be put out by 6 AM Monday of your collection week as outlined below.
- Sticks, rocks, or other debris may not be commingled into the leaf piles – they clog the vacuum.
- Only leaves from your property are permitted.
Questions concerning the program should be directed to Ralph Parlapiano, Public Works Manager at 908-665-1076.
Options for Purchasing Leaf Vacuuming Permit:
Deadline for Purchasing Permit: Monday, November 14
PAY ONLINE AND PRINT YOUR PERMITdeadline was November 14
Print Application– mail to the address below or bring with payment to the Municipal Center Center
360 Elkwood Avenue
New Providence, NJ 07974
- Call the Borough Clerk’s Office and pay with credit card over the phone 908-665-1400 x0 (permit will be mailed to you).
|2022 Leaf Collection Schedule
Summit Line to South Street
South Street to Berkeley Heights Line
|WEEK OF:||WEEK OF:|
|December 5||November 28|
COUNTY ROAD LEAF COLLECTION SCHEDULE – RESIDENTS WHO LIVE ON COUNTY MAINTAINED ROADS WILL BE VACUUMED BY THE UNION COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT.
If you live on Springfield Avenue, South Street, Passaic Street, or Mountain Avenue, leaves will be vacuumed by the Union County Public Works Department. Please do not purchase a permit unless your house is on a corner and you specify the Borough Street where your leaves will be placed.
CLICK HERE FOR UNION COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS WEBSITE