In anticipation of the storm that is predicted to affect our area, the New Providence Office of Emergency Management operations are now in effect.
1. If you have not already registered to receive important announcements and updates from the borough, do so now – click this link to register for Code Red.
2. Make sure your phone and electronics are charged and that you have fresh batteries for flashlights.
3. Please review the emergency preparedness information on the borough website.
4. IF YOU LOSE POWER, PLEASE NOTIFY JCP&L! IT IS CRITICAL THAT ALL HOME OUTAGES ARE REPORTED TO JCP&L, EVEN IF YOU THINK YOUR NEIGHBORS HAVE REPORTED THE OUTAGE. THEY NEED YOUR INITIAL OUTAGE REPORT AND ALSO THE FOLLOW UP REPAIR STATUS FROM YOU TO ENSURE THAT THEY ADDRESS ALL ISSUES IN OUR TOWN.
5. DO NOT CALL 9-1-1 OR THE POLICE DEPARTMENT REGARDING POWER OUTAGES OR REPAIR STATUS – JCP&L HAS THE MOST ACCURATE AND UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION.
6. DIAL 3-1-1 OR USE THE LINKS BELOW to report the following issues during the storm- DO NOT CALL 9-1-1:
7. Check the borough website Home Page – Special Notices for updates.
8. Please stay off the roads and check on your neighbors.