NP COVID-19 Update:
18 Cases (Total New Providence cases that have tested positive since the onset). We are awaiting confirmation from a few who are believed to be recovered or near recovered. Once we have confirmations we will break down these numbers for you. We will continue to keep you updated.
From Our Board of Health:
Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations. Things you can do to support yourself:
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep, and avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your con- cerns and how you are feeling.
- Call your healthcare provider if stress gets in the way of your daily activities for several days in a row.
For more information please visit our board of health website at www.westfieldnj.gov/health
For general information about COVID-19 and phone contacts for 24/7 assistance with questions, visit the New Jersey Department of Health at nj.gov/health.
Please continue to check on each other especially our most vulnerable and our seniors. Our Police, Fire, Rescue Squad, and Emergency Management Team are prepared and ready to help in any situation.