April 27 – Governor Murphy’s addressed “The Road Back” recovery plan. He laid out six principles to keep the state on track for re-opening the economy. They are:
1) Following trends of sustained reductions in new COVID-19 cases;
2) Expanding testing capacity and speeding up the results;
3) Robust contact tracing;
4) Ensuring safe places where those diagnosed can isolate;
5) Responsibly restarting the economy once the initial four public health principles are accomplished;
6) Ensuring the state’s resiliency long-term.