NJ TRANSIT CONTINUES ENHANCED SANITATION PROCEDURES AND FREQUENCY, CONTINUES TO RECEIVE PPE FOR EMPLOYEES
NJ TRANSIT continues enhanced cleaning efforts, begun in early March, including sanitizing buses, rail cars and other vehicles used in revenue service every 24 hours. Hard surface cleaning and disinfecting typically includes handholds, arm rests, seating areas and restrooms.
The enhanced cleaning regimen in stations includes additional disinfecting of frequent customer touchpoints such as ticket vending machines, handrails, door handles. In major stations and terminals, this occurs once every shift, with three shifts occurring every day.
The cleaning agents used in this effort are deemed effective for these purposes and contain anti-viral components such as bleach/water mixes and other disinfectant sprays. Areas regularly cleaned include doors, door knobs, windows, benches, partitions, trash cans, elevators, escalators, handrails, ledges, all restrooms and floor surfaces and all floor mats.
Regarding PPE, NJ TRANSIT is able to report the following:
- NJ TRANSIT has received nearly 650,000 surgical masks, with nearly 630,000 more scheduled to be delivered this week through the first week of May.
- We have ordered 100,000 reusable masks, which will arrive in coming weeks, as well as 5,000 face gaiters (which cover the neck as well as the mouth and nose).
- We have ordered more than 235,000 N95 masks, of which 210,000 have been delivered.
- We have nearly 50,000 bottles of hand sanitizer on hand, in two to 48 ounce bottles.
- Delivery is expected early next week of some 850 1-gallon bottles of hand sanitizer for refilling dispensers or smaller bottles.
- NJ TRANSIT has received 650,000 pairs of gloves, with more on order.
- We have ordered 4,000 hospital gowns for rail and bus employees, 2,000 hospital gowns for NJ TRANSIT police officers, and 3,000 Tyvex suits for rail workers.
- Delivery is expected early next week of 100 handheld temperature scanners.
For more information, please visit NJ TRANSIT’s COVID- 19: HOW WE’RE PROTECTING YOU website by clicking here.
NJ TRANSIT MONTHLY PASS REFUND POLICY
As a reminder, NJ TRANSIT is honoring our refund policy regardless of the COVID-19 crisis. For refund requests, the following will apply:
- 10-Trip Tickets will be refunded at the purchase price as long as all individual parts of all the trips are submitted and have not been punched.
- Monthly Passes
The date of the refund request will be deemed to be the postmark date on the envelope used to request the refund.
- Monthly passes submitted before the start of their validity period will be refunded at the purchase price.
- Monthly passes submitted after the start of their validity period will have two full one-way fares deducted from the purchase price for each business day from the start of the validity period to the date of the refund request.
- Refund checks will be mailed to customers within six weeks from the day that the Refund Department receives the request.
- For credit card sales, refunds will be issued as credits to customer credit card accounts wherever possible. For debit card sales, refunds will be issued in the form of an NJ TRANSIT check.
- Courtesy tickets will not be refunded and may not be used as a credit toward the purchase of a ticket.
- One-way fares will not be refunded if purchased and used because passengers did not have their weekly or monthly passes with them at the time of travel.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, refunds may take longer than six weeks. Our customers’ patience is greatly appreciated. To submit a refund request, please complete the following form by clicking here.
Lastly, please remember the following important policies when riding NJ TRANSIT:
NJ TRANSIT REQUIRES ALL RIDERS TO WEAR A FACE COVERING. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE CDC GUIDE ON THE USE OF CLOTH FACE COVERINGS TO HELP SLOW THE SPREAD OF COVID-19.
- NJ TRANSIT WORKERS ARE AUTHORIZED TO LIMIT PASSENGER OCCUPANCY TO 50% OF THE VEHICLE’S MAXIMUM CAPACITY ON ALL TRAINS, BUSES AND LIGHT RAIL LINES.
- CUSTOMERS SHOULD USE NJ TRANSIT SERVICES FOR ESSENTIAL TRAVEL ONLY