Update from Mayor Al Morgan
Monday 5/4 7pm
125 Total Cases
Lantern Hill Independent Living:
(These cases are included in the above NP reported totals)
9 Positive Cases
Long Term Care (LTC) (These cases are included in the above NP reporting totals) Lantern Hill LTC-
16 Positive Cases
Spring Grove LTC-
(These cases are included in the above NP reporting totals)
26 Positive Cases
Total LTC Cases: 51
Total LTC Deaths: 19
Total NP Cases w/o LTC: 74
Total NP Recovered w/o LTC: 46
Current NP Active Cases w/o LTC: 28
Total NP Deaths w/o LTC: 4
5 New Cases
1 New Death
We have five new cases today. Five! And sadly we lost one more to this dreaded virus. We are not out of the woods! It is so important to follow all of our protocols so we can help keep everyone safe. Please continue to shelter in, only essential outings, and if out, social distancing is required and will be enforced. No gatherings. No get togethers. Mask when and where you can including all open retail establishments and on all NJ Transit. Please continue to keep our lost, afflicted, and their families in your thoughts and prayers. Please put a light in your window to help light up our nights in support, remembrance, and in solidarity in our fight against COVID-19.
Today the Governor has ordered all New Jersey schools remain closed for in-person instruction for the remainder of the school year. I know this was especially hard for our high school seniors to hear.
The Governor has permitted us to re-open our outdoor tennis courts only with the following restrictions:
- Tennis courts will only be open and available to New Providence residents only, which will be enforced. Please have ID with you (license, student ID, etc).
- Singles tennis only. No doubles. No gathering. No lingering. No exceptions.
- Tennis courts will be open 7:30am until dusk. No night play. No lights will be on as the State’s curfew is still in place.
- Tennis play is limited to 1 hour with no lingering after.
- Social distancing must be observed 6’ or more apart and no contact (no handshaking, no high-fives, etc).
- No bathrooms will be available. Public restrooms remain closed.
Please observe these rules and restrictions so that we can keep our tennis courts open for our residents to use and enjoy.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Here are some important resources shared by our Emergency Management:
NJ Mental Health Cares 1-866-202-4357
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
We have some “Good Things Happening in NP” to report: Our Fitness Community in partnership with FLAG is hosting a Virtual Fitness Crawl to benefit the FLAG program May 11th-May 15th. $50 Contribution. Sign up on line. See details on attached flyer.
Be safe. Stay strong. Be well. Please let us remember to be kind and tolerant of others. We are all in this together, friends and neighbors alike. And we will get through this together. Pioneer Strong!
-Mayor Al Morgan