We have 3 new cases and 4 new recoveries reported to us from the Board of Health, bringing our total down to 46 active cases in New Providence. Here is a breakdown of today’s cases:
- 2 adult cases
- 1 elementary student (AWR)
- 4 recovered
There are currently no Long Term Care (LTC) cases in our community, and thankfully no new deaths. We wish all a speedy recovery! Please continue to keep our lost, afflicted, and their families in your thoughts and prayers, especially during this Thanksgiving holiday.
New Providence has had 87 positive COVID-19 cases since November 1st. We will continue to keep you updated as we receive confirmed information.
The most recent NPCOVID19 case statistics for the borough can be found on the borough website at: https://www.newprov.org/download/Board%20of%20Health/coronavirus_information/Coronavirus-Cases.pdf
- Please remember that indoor gatherings in New Jersey are currently limited to 10 people.
- The Governor strongly discourages all non-essential interstate travel at this time.
- As of November 25th, New Jersey will no longer utilize previously outlined metrics to inform its travel advisory.
- Travelers and residents returning from any U.S. state or territory beyond the immediate region (New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Delaware) should self-quarantine at their home, hotel, or other temporary lodging for the CDC recommended period, which is currently 14 days.
- The Department of Health will issue additional information in the coming days regarding travel precautions. Individuals should continue to abide by the state’s current guidance until a new policy is issued.
If you do not feel well, please self-isolate and get tested. The only definitive way to know if you have COVID-19 is by getting tested. Testing is available to all Union County residents who wish to be tested, whether or not they are experiencing symptoms. It is free of charge, regardless of whether you have insurance or not. Beginning November 30, Kean University will be open for testing Monday-Wednesday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm and Thursdays 9:00am-2:30pm by appointment. Additionally, check the Union County COVID-19 website for the location of walk-up locations throughout the county. For additional information about testing and locations, please call 908-518-4307 or visit https://ucnj.org/covid19/testing/walk-up-locations/
Please follow all CDC safety protocols outlined here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
Resources and additional information are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub at https://covid19.nj.gov/, and on our borough website under the COVID-19 tab at https://www.newprov.org/information-and-resources/
Be safe, keep well, and stay strong. We wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. It’s been an incredibly hard year, but there is so much to be grateful for: good friends, our families, and this wonderful community. We will get through this. Pioneer Strong!
– Mayor Al Morgan