Please consider adding your phone to the COVID Alert System by downloading COVID Alert NJ: https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/app
COVID Alert NJ is New Jersey’s free and secure mobile app that anonymously alerts users if they have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. The app also provides users with up-to-date information on New Jersey reopening news, key COVID-19 metrics, and a user-friendly symptom tracking tool. COVID Alert NJ uses Bluetooth proximity technology. The app will never record any identifying data. All users will remain anonymous.
How it Works:
- Download COVID Alert NJon the App Store or Google Play Store. Opt-in to receive “Exposure Notifications“
- As you go about your day, the app will use Bluetooth to sense any “close contacts”—other app users who are within 6 feet of you for 15 minutes or more within a 24-hour period
- When your app senses a close contact, your phone will exchange a secure random code with the close contact’s phone. It’s important to note that your location and name are never disclosed
- If you test positive for COVID-19,a public health representative will call you and ask if you’re willing to anonymously notify your “close contacts” by uploading your app’s close contact codes
- Each day, the app will compare your list of close contact codes to the list of codes associated with positive COVID-19 app users. If there’s a match you will get an Exposure Alert, along with appropriate next steps.