We thankfully have 0 new Covid-19 cases in our community reported to us from the Board of Health, and 3 newly recovered.
Our current total active cases in New Providence is 26 non-LTC cases and 0 LTC cases.
Here is a breakdown of our current cases:
– 0 New Adult non-LTC Cases
– 0 New Child Cases
– 3 New Recovered
– 26 Total Active Cases:
– 26 non-LTC
– 0 LTC
New Providence has had a total of 358 positive COVID-19 cases since October 1st:
October – 12 Cases
November- 99 Cases
December – 150 Cases
January (1st – 26th) – 97 Cases
We wish all a speedy recovery! Please keep our lost, afflicted, their families, all of our dedicated first responders, emergency management, medical personnel, and essential workers in your thoughts and prayers.
NJ VACCINE CALL CENTER IS OPEN 8am-8pm: 855-568-0545
**During first few weeks, please expect high call volume.
NEW JERSEY ONLINE VACCINE REGISTRATION PORTAL:
When the user is eligible, they should receive an email from the state with a link to choose an available vaccination location to set an appointment. Please keep checking back through your received link for availabilities.
UNION COUNTY VACCINE REGISTRATION PORTAL AND INFORMATION:
The Union County Free Mobile Test Unit will be available:
Thursday, January 28 – 10am-Noon
School #28 Juan Pablo Duarte – Jose Julian Marci
25 1st Street, Elizabeth
Free walk-up COVID-19 Saliva Tests. No appointment necessary.
For details and a full list of walkups, visit: https://ucnj.org/covid19/testing/walk-up-locations/
NPCOVID19 INFO: Please visit and reference the following Borough website sub-pages for more COVID-19 information:
* Case Statistics: https://www.newprov.org/case-statistics/
* NPCOVID19 case statistics chart: https://www.newprov.org/download/Board%20of%20Health/coronavirus_information/Coronavirus-Cases.pdf
* Vaccination Information: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-vaccination-information/
* Covid-19 Websites and Resources: https://www.newprov.org/information-and-resources/
* Press Releases & Updates: https://www.newprov.org/press-releases/
* Testing Sites: https://www.newprov.org/testing-sites/
* Covid-19 Videos: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-videos/
* Covid-19 Support Resources: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-mental-health-resources/
* Mayor & Council Covid-19 Updates: https://www.newprov.org/mayor-and-council-updates/
You are considered a close contact if you have been within six feet of someone with a positive test result for more than 10 minutes at least two days before their positive test if you didn’t have any symptoms, or two days before your first symptom appeared
CDC SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
Please continue to follow all CDC safety protocols outlined here:
VALENTINE’S FOR THE TROOPS
The New Providence Recreation Department is joining Radio’s 94.7 in sending Valentine’s Day Cards to US Troops. Now more than ever, our troops need our support. Show your love to our military servicewomen and men by sending them a Valentine’s Day card! Last year, over 30,000 cards were sent… The goal this year is 50,000 cards!Purchase or create a Valentine’s Day card of your own and drop it off in the Valentine Collection Box in the vestibule area by the Elkwood Ave Entrance at 360 Elkwood Avenue by Sunday, January 31.
Letter writing guidelines:
Keep the letters uplifting and happy
Encourage the troops
No photos, glitter, or loose items
Thanks for helping share some love this Valentine’s Day!
We will continue to keep you updated as we receive confirmed information. We are all in this together and together we will get through this! Be safe. Keep well. And stay strong. Pioneer Strong!
-Mayor Al Morgan