BLACK HISTORY MONTH
February is Black History month. New Providence celebrates and honors our many American Black Hereos. Our New Providence Diversity Committee will be sharing Black History and local events and programs offered locally with our community throughout the month. Black History is American History. Let our education begin in February and spread throughout the year.
CITIZEN ACTION LINE:
Our Citizen Action Line is an ‘Online Service Request’ system for information requests, requests for services, and a place for you to submit comments, concerns, and/or items you feel should be reported to the borough. A tracking number is assigned to each new Service Request. Using this tracking number, you can check back on the website at any time to view the current status of your request. It is the fastest and most efficient way of getting a response to your borough needs, and, everything is documented.
We have 1 new Covid-19 case in our community reported to us from the Board of Health, and 2 newly recovered.
Our current total active cases in New Providence is 12 (11 non-LTC cases and 1 LTC case).
Here is a breakdown of our current cases:
– 1 New Adult non-LTC Case
– 0 New Adult LTC Cases
– 0 New Child Cases
– 2 New Recovered
– 12 Total Active Cases:
– 11 non-LTC
– 1 LTC
New Providence has had a total of 372 positive COVID-19 cases since October 1st:
October – 12 Cases
November- 99 Cases
December – 150 Cases
January – 110 Cases
February – 1 Case
We wish all a speedy recovery! Please keep our lost, afflicted, their families, all of our dedicated first responders, emergency management, medical personnel, and essential workers in your thoughts and prayers.
Cases in New Providence have steadily declined since peaking in December. However, the virus is still here and it is active. Please be diligent and continue to follow all safety protocols. The Super Bowl is Sunday. Let’s not let our guard down.
On Friday, February 5th, gathering limits for religious and political activities, for entertainment centers where performances are viewed or given, and for addiction support groups will increase to 35 percent of a room’s capacity, but no more than 150 individuals.
* Case Statistics: https://www.newprov.org/case-statistics/
* NPCOVID19 case statistics chart: https://www.newprov.org/download/Board%20of%20Health/coronavirus_information/Coronavirus-Cases.pdf
* Vaccination Information: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-vaccination-information/
* Covid-19 Websites and Resources: https://www.newprov.org/information-and-resources/
* Press Releases & Updates: https://www.newprov.org/press-releases/
* Testing Sites: https://www.newprov.org/testing-sites/
* Covid-19 Videos: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-videos/
* Covid-19 Support Resources: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-mental-health-resources/
* Mayor & Council Covid-19 Updates: https://www.newprov.org/mayor-and-council-updates/
We will continue to keep you updated as we receive confirmed information.
Be safe, keep well, and stay strong. We are all in this together and together we will get through this. Pioneer Strong!
-Mayor Al Morgan