THE GREAT NP ❤️ HEART HUNT is here! Let’s paint the town red!
The New Providence Recreation Department invites the community to put hearts on your homes and then go in search of more. Walk or drive the neighborhoods and see how much love you see!
- Share some special time with your family, get creative and make as many hearts as you want. Colorful, big, small-you name it! Place them on your windows, door or any visible spot in your yard for others to see.
- On Saturday February 13 and Sunday February 14, bundle up in your comfiest winter gear and head out on a Heart Hunt. Drive or walk through town and find hearts created by other families.
- See how many hearts you can find! If you would like, you can also take pictures of your favorite HEART finds and post with #NPHeartHunt on your Facebook and Instagram.
- New Providence Recreation will be leaving surprises for lucky participants, so get creative, cut out some hearts, and show NP some love!
Thank you to our incredible Recreation Department for hosting these fun community participatory events and activities that have really been helping to lift spirits! This is a great project to do with your family and with the kids! It’s also a fun family outdoor exploratory activity. We are looking forward to seeing your creations!
Community Garden Applications Are Now Available! Application deadline is February 28. Garden plots will be assigned by lottery.
Here is the Community Garden Application:
We have 1 new Covid-19 case in our community reported to us from the Board of Health, and 0 newly recovered.
Our current total active cases in New Providence is 15 (14 non-LTC cases and 1 LTC case).
Here is a breakdown of our current cases:
- 1 New Adult non-LTC Case
- 0 New Adult LTC Cases
- 0 New Child Cases
- 0 New Recovered
- 15 Total Active Cases:
- 14 non-LTC
- 1 LTC
New Providence has had a total of 375 positive COVID-19 cases since October 1st:
- October – 12 Cases
- November- 99 Cases
- December – 150 Cases
- January – 110 Cases
- February – 4 Cases
We wish all a speedy recovery! Please keep our lost, afflicted, their families, all of our dedicated first responders, emergency management, medical personnel, and essential workers in your thoughts and prayers.
Cases in New Providence have steadily declined since peaking in December. However, the virus is still here and it is active. Please be diligent and continue to follow all safety protocols. The Super Bowl is this Sunday. Please do not let your guard down. Celebrate responsibly and continue to follow all cdc safety protocols.
Today, Friday, February 5th, gathering limits for religious and political activities, for entertainment centers where performances are viewed or given, and for addiction support groups increased to 35 percent of a room’s capacity, but no more than 150 individuals.
* Case Statistics: https://www.newprov.org/case-statistics/
* NPCOVID19 case statistics chart: https://www.newprov.org/download/Board%20of%20Health/coronavirus_information/Coronavirus-Cases.pdf
* Vaccination Information: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-vaccination-information/
* Covid-19 Websites and Resources: https://www.newprov.org/information-and-resources/
* Press Releases & Updates: https://www.newprov.org/press-releases/
* Testing Sites: https://www.newprov.org/testing-sites/
* Covid-19 Videos: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-videos/
* Covid-19 Support Resources: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-mental-health-resources/
* Mayor & Council Covid-19 Updates: https://www.newprov.org/mayor-and-council-updates/
We will continue to keep you updated as we receive confirmed information.
Overnight Parking is suspended until further notice. A Smart911 Alert will go out when overnight parking is permitted again. Please check that your Smart911 is updated.
The Recycling Center will be closed this weekend due to snow and will re-open (as of now) on Saturday 2/20 from 9am – 1pm pending weather.
Please be sure to clear your sidewalks and paths of snow and ice. More snow is predicted for Sunday. Please review all the Severe Storm Preparedness and Power Outage Reminders on our Borough website at https://www.newprov.org/2020/08/severe-storm-preparedness-reminders/.
Be safe, keep well, and stay strong. We are all in this together and together we will get through this! Enjoy the weekend! Pioneer Strong!
-Mayor Al Morgan