Thank you to our DPW for doing a good job helping to clear our roads during today’s snow.
We have 1 new Covid-19 case in our community reported to us from the Board of Health, and 3 newly recovered.
Our current total active cases in New Providence is 10 (9 non-LTC cases and 1 LTC case).
Here is a breakdown of our current cases:
– 1 New Adult non-LTC Case
– 0 New Adult LTC Cases
– 0 New Child Cases
– 3 New Recovered
– 10 Total Active Cases:
– 9 non-LTC
– 1 LTC
New Providence has had a total of 379 positive COVID-19 cases since October 1st:
October – 12 Cases
November- 99 Cases
December – 150 Cases
January – 110 Cases
February – 8 Cases
We wish all a speedy recovery! Please keep our lost, afflicted, their families, all of our dedicated first responders, emergency management, medical personnel, and essential workers in your thoughts and prayers.
* Case Statistics: https://www.newprov.org/case-statistics/
* NPCOVID19 case statistics chart: https://www.newprov.org/download/Board%20of%20Health/coronavirus_information/Coronavirus-Cases.pdf
* Vaccination Information: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-vaccination-information/
* Covid-19 Websites and Resources: https://www.newprov.org/information-and-resources/
* Press Releases & Updates: https://www.newprov.org/press-releases/
* Testing Sites: https://www.newprov.org/testing-sites/
* Covid-19 Videos: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-videos/
* Covid-19 Support Resources: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-mental-health-resources/
* Mayor & Council Covid-19 Updates: https://www.newprov.org/mayor-and-council-updates/
We will continue to keep you updated as we receive confirmed information.
- Overnight Parking is suspended until further notice. A Smart911 Alert will go out when overnight parking is permitted again.
Please check that your Smart911 is updated: https://www.newprov.org/smart-911.
To sign up for Smart911 please visit https://www.smart911.com/smart911/registration/registrationLanding.action?cdnExternalPath=
- The Recycling Center will re-open (as of now) on Saturday 2/20 from 9am – 1pm pending weather. For recycling information please visit https://www.newprov.org/garbage-recycling/
- Please be sure to clear your sidewalks and paths of snow and ice within 24 hours of snow stopping.
- All snow and ice must be removed from vehicles when driving. It’s the law!
- THE GREAT HEART HUNT: The New Providence Recreation Department invites the community to put hearts on your homes and then go in search of more. Walk or drive the neighborhoods and see how much love you see! Share some special time with your family, get creative and make as many hearts as you want. Colorful, big, small-you name it! Place them on your windows, door or any visible spot in your yard for others to see. On Saturday February 13 and Sunday February 14, bundle up in your comfiest winter gear and head out on a Heart Hunt. Drive or walk through town and find hearts created by other families. See how many hearts you can find! New Providence Recreation will be leaving surprises for lucky participants, so get creative, cut out some hearts, and show NP some love! If you participate and would like to, please take a photo and #NPHeartHunt on Facebook and on Instagram. We will try to repost them to help circulate to share and spread the love in our community. Thank you to our Recreation Department for hosting these fun community participatory events and activities that have been helping to lift spirits! We are looking forward to seeing your creations!
- Community Garden Applications Are Now Available! Application deadline is February 28th Garden plots will be assigned by lottery. Please visit here for the Community Garden Application: https://www.newprov.org/download/Sustainability%20Committee/community_garden/2021-New-Providence-Community-Garden-Application-Packet.pdf
Be safe, keep well, and stay strong. We are all in this together and together we will get through this! Pioneer Strong!
-Mayor Al Morgan