Chinese New Year Virtual Celebration: Our New Providence Diversity Committee invites everyone to virtually celebrate the Year of the Ox this Saturday February 13th. Their keynote speaker Sunny Sun from Snapology will introduce you to the Chinese New Year traditions and the interesting stories of Chinese Zodiacs with hands-on craft practicing activities. The virtual meeting is FREE, and open to the public. Entire families, especially kids, are welcome to participate and enjoy the fun. Please register here for this FREE community event: https://forms.gle/X1NWQZZbhidQXrHA9
We have 2 new Covid-19 cases in our community reported to us from the Board of Health, and 0 new recovered.
Our current total active cases in New Providence is 9 (all non-LTC cases and 0 LTC cases).
Here is a breakdown of our current cases:
– 2 New Adult non-LTC Cases
– 0 New Adult LTC Cases
– 0 New Child Cases
– 0 New Recovered:
– 9 Total Active Cases:
– 9 non-LTC
– 0 LTC
New Providence has had a total of 382 positive COVID-19 cases since October 1st:
October – 12 Cases
November- 99 Cases
December – 150 Cases
January – 110 Cases
February – 11 Cases
We wish all a speedy recovery! Please keep our lost, afflicted, their families, all of our dedicated first responders, emergency management, medical personnel, and essential workers in your thoughts and prayers.
Cases in New Providence have thankfully steadily declined since peaking in December, however the virus is still here. Please continue to be vigilant and follow all CDC safety protocols outlined here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
As of Tuesday, February 9, there have been 1,114,392 vaccine doses administered in New Jersey. Of these doses, 860,183 were first doses and 254,072 were second doses.
Residents applying for passports, and all residents with international travel plans: The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a new rule last month requiring COVID-19 testing for boarding an international flight during the pandemic. Under the new rule, all air passengers arriving to the U.S. from a foreign country must present a negative COVID-19 test, taken within three days of departure, or proof of recovery to the airline before boarding the flight. For more information please visit https://wp.me/p4sLwl-mWa.
* Case Statistics: https://www.newprov.org/case-statistics/
* NPCOVID19 case statistics chart: https://www.newprov.org/download/Board%20of%20Health/coronavirus_information/Coronavirus-Cases.pdf
* Vaccination Information: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-vaccination-information/
* Covid-19 Websites and Resources: https://www.newprov.org/information-and-resources/
* Press Releases & Updates: https://www.newprov.org/press-releases/
* Testing Sites: https://www.newprov.org/testing-sites/
* Covid-19 Videos: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-videos/
* Covid-19 Support Resources: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-mental-health-resources/
* Mayor & Council Covid-19 Updates: https://www.newprov.org/mayor-and-council-updates/
We will continue to keep you updated as we receive confirmed information.
- SMART911: Please check that your Smart911 is updated: https://www.newprov.org/smart-911.
To sign up for Smart911 please visit https://www.smart911.com/smart911/registration/registrationLanding.action?cdnExternalPath=
- RECYCLING CENTER: The Recycling Center will re-open (as of now) on Saturday 2/20 from 9am – 1pm pending weather. For recycling information please visit https://www.newprov.org/garbage-recycling/
- THE GREAT HEART HUNT: The New Providence Recreation Department invites the community to put hearts on your homes and then go in search of more. Share some special time with your family, get creative and make as many hearts as you want. Decorate windows, doors or any visible spot in your yard for others to see. On Saturday February 13 and Sunday February 14, bundle up and head out on a Heart Hunt. Drive or walk through town and find hearts created by other families. See how many hearts you can find! New Providence Recreation will be leaving surprises for lucky participants, so get creative,
and show NP some love! If you participate and would like to, please take a photo and #NPHeartHunt on Facebook and on Instagram. We will try to repost them to help circulate to share and spread the love in our community. Thank you to our Recreation Department for hosting these fun community participatory events and activities that have been helping to lift spirits! We are looking forward to seeing your creations!
- In Celebration of Black History Month: https://www.newprovidencelibrary.org/books/reading-rec/black-history
- Community Garden Applications Are Now Available! Application deadline is February 28th Garden plots will be assigned by lottery: https://www.newprov.org/download/Sustainability%20Committee/community_garden/2021-New-Providence-Community-Garden-Application-Packet.pdf
- Chinese New Year Virtual Celebration: Our New Providence Diversity Committee invites everyone to virtually celebrate the Year of the Ox this Saturday February 13th. Their keynote speaker Sunny Sun from Snapology will introduce you to the Chinese New Year traditions and the interesting stories of Chinese Zodiacs with hands-on craft practicing activities. The virtual meeting is FREE, and open to the public. Entire families, especially kids, are welcome to participate and enjoy the fun. Please register here for this FREE community event: https://forms.gle/X1NWQZZbhidQXrHA9
Be safe, keep well, and stay strong. We are all in this together and together we will get through this! Pioneer Strong!
-Mayor Al Morgan