We are still in a state of emergency. Our DPW has been doing an outstanding job diligently plowing and clearing our roads non-stop for over 24hours. They will be stopping this evening at 8pm and will resume at 8am tomorrow morning. Please STAY OFF THE ROADS for your safety and for ours.
Overnight parking is suspended. If there is a fire hydrant near your house, please clear the snow around it so that the Fire Department has access to it. Please check in on each other, especially seniors, and our most vulnerable.
If you lose power, call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) to report your outage or report it online or via text messaging. Outage information is also available at 24/7 Power Center Maps: http://outages.firstenergycorp.com/nj.html
Please be sure all your devices are charged, your Smart911 is updated, and please review all the Severe Storm Preparedness and Power Outage Reminders on our Borough website at https://www.newprov.org/2020/08/severe-storm-preparedness-reminders/.
We thankfully have ZERO new Covid-19 cases in our community reported to us from the Board of Health, and 1 more newly recovered.
Our current total active cases in New Providence is 18 (17 non-LTC cases and 1 LTC case). Here is a breakdown of our current cases:
- 0 New Adult non-LTC Cases
- 0 New Adult LTC Cases
- 0 New Child Cases
- 1 New Recovered
- 18 Total Active Cases:
- 17 non-LTC
- 1 LTC
New Providence has had a total of 371 positive COVID-19 cases since October 1st:
- October – 12 Cases
- November- 99 Cases
- December – 150 Cases
- January – 110 Cases
- February – 0 Cases
We wish all a speedy recovery! Please keep our lost, afflicted, their families, all of our dedicated first responders, emergency management, medical personnel, and essential workers in your thoughts and prayers.
Please visit and reference the following Borough website sub-pages for more COVID-19 information:
* Case Statistics: https://www.newprov.org/case-statistics/
* NPCOVID19 case statistics chart: https://www.newprov.org/download/Board%20of%20Health/coronavirus_information/Coronavirus-Cases.pdf
* Vaccination Information: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-vaccination-information/
* Covid-19 Websites and Resources: https://www.newprov.org/information-and-resources/
* Press Releases & Updates: https://www.newprov.org/press-releases/
* Testing Sites: https://www.newprov.org/testing-sites/
* Covid-19 Videos: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-videos/
* Covid-19 Support Resources: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-mental-health-resources/
* Mayor & Council Covid-19 Updates: https://www.newprov.org/mayor-and-council-updates/
We will continue to keep you updated as we receive confirmed information.
We are all in this together and together we will get through this! Be safe. Keep well. Stay strong and STAY HOME. Thank you for staying off the roads. Pioneer Strong!
-Mayor Al Morgan