Happy Groundhogs Day! Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning and as legend holds, that means six additional weeks of winter. We’re ready!
DPW has been doing a good job clearing our roads. They will continue to clear all intersections, crosswalks, and the center of town. Thank you for staying off the roads during the storm.
Please remember to clear off your car of all snow and ice before driving. It’s the law. Please also be sure to clear your sidewalks of snow and ice. Please do not shovel or blow snow into the streets. If there is a fire hydrant near your house, please clear the snow around it so that the Fire Department has access to it.
Overnight parking is still suspended. Please continue to check in on each other, especially seniors, and our most vulnerable.
We thankfully have ZERO new Covid-19 cases in our community reported to us from the Board of Health (4th day in a row of no new cases!), and 5 more newly recovered.
Our current total active cases in New Providence is 13 (12 non-LTC cases and 1 LTC case).
Here is a breakdown of our current cases:
– 0 New Adult non-LTC Cases
– 0 New Adult LTC Cases
– 0 New Child Cases
– 5 New Recovered
– 13 Total Active Cases:
– 12 non-LTC
– 1 LTC
New Providence has had a total of 371 positive COVID-19 cases since October 1st:
October – 12 Cases
November- 99 Cases
December – 150 Cases
January – 110 Cases
February – 0 Cases
We wish all a speedy recovery! Please keep our lost, afflicted, their families, all of our dedicated first responders, emergency management, medical personnel, and essential workers in your thoughts and prayers.
NPCOVID19 INFO: Please visit and reference the following Borough website sub-pages for more COVID-19 information:
* Case Statistics: https://www.newprov.org/case-statistics/
* NPCOVID19 case statistics chart: https://www.newprov.org/download/Board%20of%20Health/coronavirus_information/Coronavirus-Cases.pdf
* Vaccination Information: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-vaccination-information/
* Covid-19 Websites and Resources: https://www.newprov.org/information-and-resources/
* Press Releases & Updates: https://www.newprov.org/press-releases/
* Testing Sites: https://www.newprov.org/testing-sites/
* Covid-19 Videos: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-videos/
* Covid-19 Support Resources: https://www.newprov.org/covid-19-mental-health-resources/
* Mayor & Council Covid-19 Updates: https://www.newprov.org/mayor-and-council-updates/
Covid-19 Testing – Drive-thru Site at Kean:
The Union County Covid-19 drive-thru testing site at Kean University will reopen on Wednesday. (Testing is available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays) Please check https://ucnj.org/covid19/ for mobile testing times and locations.
The walk-up emergency food distribution event originally scheduled for Tuesday in Plainfield has been rescheduled to Thursday, February 4 in Plainfield
We will continue to keep you updated as we receive confirmed information.
February is American Heart Month
Wednesday, February 3rd 2pm – 8pm
New Providence Municipal Building – Gym (Academy St Entrance)
360 Elkwood Ave
New Providence, NJ
To schedule an appointment please visit nybc.org/njdrive and enter Sponsor code 14417.
Thank you to everyone who made a Valentine for our troops! They came out great! Thank you to our Recreation Department for organizing.
Be safe, keep well, and stay strong. We are all in this together and together we will get through this! Pioneer Strong!
-Mayor Al Morgan