Faster doesn’t mean safer! Speeding endangers everyone on the road. We all know the frustrations of modern life and juggling a busy schedule, but speed limits are put in place to protect all road users.
Speeding is more than just breaking the law. The consequences are far-ranging:
– Greater potential for loss of vehicle control;
– Reduced effectiveness of occupant protection equipment;
– Increased stopping distance after the driver perceives a danger;
– Increased degree of crash severity leading to more severe injuries;
– Economic implications of a speed-related crash; and
– Increased fuel consumption/cost.
Please remember that the speed limit throughout the Borough is 25MPH unless otherwise posted!