Any Union County voter may use any of these locations for early in-person voting. Six sites are confirmed and a seventh site will be added.
Union County, NJ – Union County Board of Elections Administrator Nicole DiRado advises Union County residents that six locations have been selected for those wishing to cast their vote early in person for the 2021 General Election. Any registered, Union County voter can use any of these sites to vote in-person, by machine from Saturday, October 23 through Sunday, October 31. A seventh location will be added and announced in the coming weeks.
“New Jersey has expanded voters’ rights by introducing early voting for the 2021 General Election,” said Ms. DiRado. “We encourage voters to use early voting, or a vote by mail ballot, to cast their vote ahead of Election Day. Making a plan to cast your vote is important and there are now more options in New Jersey than ever before.”
The six confirmed locations are:
- Sampson Community Center, 800 Anna Street, Elizabeth
- DeCorso Senior Center, 15 E. 4th Street, New Providence
- Plainfield Board of Education Administration Building, 1200 Myrtle Avenue, Plainfield
- Amalfe Community Center, 1268 Shaffer Avenue, Roselle
- Union Township Senior Center, 652 Rahway Avenue, Union
- The Westfield Armory, 500 Rahway Avenue, Westfield
All of these early voting locations will be open during the following hours:
- Saturday, October 23, 10am – 8pm
- Sunday, October 24, 10am – 6pm
- Monday, October 25, 10am – 8pm
- Tuesday, October 26, 10am – 8pm
- Wednesday, October 27, 10am – 8pm
- Thursday, October 28, 10am – 8pm
- Friday, October 29, 10am – 8pm
- Saturday, October 30, 10am – 8pm
- Sunday, October 31, 10am – 6pm
Upon arriving at an early voting location, voters will sign in on an electronic poll book. The electronic poll book will print a bar code on the ballot card so the voting machine knows which ballot to activate. Voters will then insert their ballot card into the voting machine in order to cast their vote.
Please note that these locations are for machine voting only. Vote by mail ballots cannot be submitted at these locations.
Voters who plan to use a vote by mail ballot can deposit it in any of the Board of Elections secure drop boxes in Union County, return it to the Board of Elections by U.S. Postal Service, or hand-deliver it to the Board of Elections office in Elizabeth by November 2, 2021 at 8pm.
Voters who choose to vote in person on Election Day, November 2, must use their designated polling place.