The DPW Yard is open the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month, from 9 AM – 1 PM:
The following items MAY be brought to the yard for recycling:
- Household Appliances (washing machines, dryers, hot water heaters, dishwashers, stoves, etc.) NO refrigerators,
dehumidifiers, or A/C units.
- Metal Items Any metal item may be brought to the public works yard during days and hours above.
- Rigid Plastic (plastic outdoor play furniture, plastic sand boxes, plastic pools, large plastic toys, etc.)
- Electronic Equipment All electronic equipment must be recycled (fax machines, computers, printers, copiers,
monitors, televisions, etc.)
- Rimless Tires, Used Motor Oil and Antifreeze
- Paint Cans if completely empty and dry (lids have been removed and sufficient time has elapsed for paint to dry
into a solid mass). DO NOT POUR PAINT DOWN SINK OR STORM DRAINS, AS THIS IS A VIOLATION
OF ENVIRONMENTAL LAWS.
- Empty Gasoline Cans, Propane Tanks, and Gasoline-powered Equipment (Propane gas tanks may also be
taken to a propane supplier.)
- Rechargeable Batteries and Car Batteries (alkaline batteries should be put in regular household garbage)
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
Please refer to the Borough website at www.newprov.org and follow us on Facebook at Borough of New Providence, NJ for the most up-to-date information pertaining to the borough.