Union County, NJ – Union County’s free COVID-19 vaccination and testing programs will continue under a modified schedule during the holidays. “Considering the surge in cases linked to the delta and omicron variants, it is still vitally important to take every precaution against infection. We continue to encourage everyone in the Union County community to get fully vaccinated at the earliest opportunity,” said Union County Commissioner Board Chairman Alexander Mirabella.
Union County residents can visit ucnj.org to view the latest schedules and make an appointment online at any free vaccination clinic or testing site operated by Union County.
Residents needing additional assistance to make an appointment can contact the Union County COVID-19 Call Center at 908-613-7829, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except holidays.
Union County currently operates three free vaccination sites. Appointments are required at each site:
- Warinanco Sports Center at Warinanco Park in Roselle, on Tuesdays and Thursdays except holidays.
- Downs Hall at Kean University in Union Township on Wednesdays and Fridays except holidays (closed on Friday, December 24 and Friday, December 31).
- Plainfield High School in Plainfield on Saturdays except holidays (closed on Saturday, December 25 and Saturday, January 1).
For complete details, including hours of operation and the type of vaccine available at each location, visit ucnj.org/vax online or call the COVID-19 Call Center at 908-613-7829.
Union County also operates two free COVID-19 test sites.
- Kean University on Mondays and Thursdays
- Gerald B. Green Plaza in Plainfield on Wednesdays.
For complete details and to make an appointment visit ucnj.org/covid19 or call 908-613-7829.
New Jersey residents can now request a free COVID-19 home test kit from the New Jersey Department of Health. For more information on home testing, or to use the Department of Health’s online testing site search tool, visit https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/testing.
For information and updates on all Union County services during the COVID-19 outbreak, including free vaccination, free testing, emergency food distribution and other support services, visit ucnj.org/covid19. General information about COVID-19 is available through the New Jersey Department of Health at nj.gov/health.