Current Location to Close
The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission announced that the Springfield Vehicle Center is moving to a larger facility with improved parking and easier highway access. The new Center, located at 271 Route 22 East in the Springfield Plaza strip mall, will open on Monday, Feb. 28.
Vehicle Center operations will continue at the current facility at 34 Center Street in Springfield through Saturday, Feb. 19. At the end of the business day on Saturday, the doors will close permanently at that location.
The closure will allow a week to transition equipment to the new location on Route 22, scheduled to open on Monday, Feb. 28. Details about a Grand Opening Ceremony will be announced in the coming days.
The new Springfield Vehicle Center on Route 22 features:
- total area of 6,800 square feet, 21% bigger than the current Center
- 84 free public parking spaces in the parking lot, compared to the metered parking in a small municipal lot available currently
- 30% more customer service windows for vehicle transactions
- 33% more ID Check windows
- a more efficient agency layout with brand-new modular furnishings
Springfield is one of the Commission’s 16 Vehicle Centers where customers can conduct in-person vehicle transactions in New Jersey. Vehicle Center locations can be found on the NJMVC website.
All in-person transactions at Vehicle Centers are handled by appointment only and all appointments must be scheduled online at the NJMVC.gov website.
Customers can start booking appointments at the new Springfield Vehicle Center at NJMVC.gov. The types of vehicle transactions available at Springfield and all other Vehicle Centers include:
- new titles or registrations
- registration renewals (when not eligible for online renewal
- license plate transactions
- replacement titles or registrations
License transactions and other business are mostly available online, but in-person appointments can be made on the website if needed. Customers should always visit NJMVC.gov before any transaction.
For motor vehicle services and the latest NJMVC news and updates, please log on to NJMVC.gov.