In case you missed the last Borough Council meeting, here are some of the Highlights:
Board of Health:
- On March 16th at 1 pm the Westfield Regional Board of Health will host a Covid update webinar. Learn about New masking and quarantine guidelines and types of testing. Click to join https://tinyurl.com/2p8mexc7
- Covid Vaccine clinic on March 18th 3:30 to 5:30 at Jefferson Elementary School, 110 Ashwood Ave , Summit, NJ. All types available for ages 5 and up
- Alliance and council members attended QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) Training. The QPR mission aims to reduce suicidal behaviors by recognizing signs of crisis. Training may be rolled out to Borough volunteers, coaches, and leaders that work with our youth.
Recreation / Community Activities
- Spring season registration is open, including youth and adult seasons via community pass. Classes begin at the end of March
- Summer catalog is available on the recreation website. Registration began for all camps except teen venture which will begin March 15 at 9 am.
- Recreation dept is hiring summer employees, including camp counselors and swim instructors. Interested parties may apply via Community Pass or can call the recreation office for more info 908 464-4430
- The Borough is looking for volunteers for out Historic Preservation Commission. Interested? Find out more on the Borough website; fill out a volunteer form at:
- Reminder! Plastic bag ban takes effect May 4th The message is simple:
Bring your own reusable bags when you shop.
- Tree saplings give away! April 23rd from 10 am to 2 pm, lot next to library
- Brush pick-up starts April 4th. Please hold on to yard and storm debris until then.
- There has been a recent rash of car thefts in the surrounding communities. Please remember to lock your car doors and take your keys / fobs in with you.
For more details on these items, please visit our website; https://www.newprov.org to watch the Borough Council Meeting.
Questions or need to contact us? Submit an Action Line request on our Borough website.
Make sure to follow the official sites for :
Board of Education: