In case you missed the last Borough Council meeting, here are some of the highlights
- Shared dispatch is going to implement an operations board to oversee and standardize all operations for better efficiency
- We interviewed for Class 2 Special Police Officers
- We will be participating in the nationwide “Distracted Driving” crackdown April 1st to April 30th. UText. UPay.
- On April 13th at 6:00pm there will be a New Providence / Berkeley Heights interfaith vigil in support of Ukraine at Centennial Park hosted by the Interfaith Clergy group.
- Chat with the Mayor resumes in-person this Friday, April 1st 6:30pm to 8:00pm at Borough Hall in the Lincoln Meeting Room.
The Borough will be hosting and sponsoring a July 3 celebration! This is a return to our great tradition of family and fun to celebrate our Country’s Independence. Stay tuned for details!
Lots of Recreation and Community Activities News!
- Youth and Adult Spring Season classes begin this week. The Recreation Department is also hosting several Spring Break Camps that still have availability for April 18-22.
- Summer Registration is open on Community Pass. The Recreation Department is offering many Camp and Class options for all ages.
- The Sustainability Committee will be hosting its annual Tree Seedling Giveaway on Saturday, April 23 from 10am-2pm in front of the library lawn
- The DeCorso Senior Center will re-open on Monday May 2 after the completion of its renovations due to damages sustained in Hurricane Ida. We are very excited to welcome our Seniors back!
- The Fishing Derby returns this year on Saturday, May 7. Residents can register on Community Pass beginning this Friday, April 1.
- Tennis Court permits go on sale beginning May 1, and court reservations begin on May 27.
- The Memorial Day Parade will return this year on Monday, May 30 at 10am. If your community group would like to march in the parade, please call the Recreation office for more information.
New Providence Memorial Library:
- In person story time is back and will be starting in April!
- The Friends of the New Providence Memorial Library will be hosting Sunday Concert Series starting April 3rd with live Light Opera of New Jersey and on June 12th with Abe Ovadia performing jazz guitar.
- Annual Dinner / Program is Thursday April 21st at 7:00pm at Chimney Rock the program is entitled “Remember the Ladies: Women during the American Revolution”
- Brush pick-up starts April 4th. Please hold on to yard and storm debris until then.
Business Professional Association
- Council approved a request from the Business Professional Association to work with and utilize the services of Borough Departments for their planned events in 2022. Seven events will be held in town this year either sponsored by or including the businesses in town:
- June – Share NJ 5K
- July – Concert series
- August – National Night Out/Fireworks/Concert
- October – Downtown Scarecrow Stroll and Contest
- October – Downtown Trick or Treat
- October – Street Fair
- November – NP Holiday Walk
Reminder! Plastic bag ban takes effect May 4th The message is simple, Bring your own reusable bags when you shop.
For more details on these items, please visit our website; https://www.newprov.org to watch the Borough Council Meeting.
Questions or need to contact us? Submit an Action Line request on our Borough website.