Happy Memorial Day!
In case you missed the May 24th Borough Council meeting, here are some of the highlights
- Friday, June 3rd is National Gun Violence Awareness Day to honor and remember all victims and survivors of gun violence and to encourage al citizens to support efforts to reduce gun violence. Anyone can join this campaign by wearing orange in support.
- Our Next ‘Chat with the Mayor’ is Friday June 3rd 6:30pm-8pm in the Lincoln Meeting Room Borough Hall.
- A Memorial Day Memorial Service hosted by our American Legion Post #433 will be held Monday morning May 30th at 9am in Veterans Park. Parade will follow after words down Springfield Ave.
- The Borough will be hosting and sponsoring a July 3rd celebration of Independence Day! This is a return to our great tradition of family and fun to celebrate our country’s Independence.
- River Road is closed from Central Avenue to Bridge Avenue. This closure is for road resurfacing and will be closed daily from 7 AM to around 5 PM. It is anticipated that this will be for 4 days. Please expect increased traffic on Springfield Avenue.
- Utility upgrades are continuing around the Borough. Please continue to expect some delays and detours. We continually communicate on our end with the utility companies to find out when/where they are coming and continually inform them of best times (least traffic disruption) and paving schedules etc. Despite our best efforts the utility companies unfortunately are often not always the best at keeping us informed when/where they will be working or for how long. Please be patient while this important work continues.
- Congratulations Boy Scout Troop 63 Scouts Gyan Ghoda, Bauer Crooks, Ivan Grandov, Michael Staunton, and Haitham Awad on their distinguished achievement of rank of Eagle this past Sunday. These accomplished young men make New Providence proud!
- Residents are eligible to order another batch of free home COVID-19 tests from the Federal Government.This shipment will include up to 8 tests. To order 8 more free COVID test kits: https://special.usps.com/testkits.
- Bulk Collection starts in June. Items must be placed at your curb by 2 AM on the designated Monday for your Zone. Please see the 2022 Mailed Borough Calendar for details: Information can be found on our borough website: https://www.newprov.org/2022/05/bulk-collection-pick-up-starts.
- Check pages 3 and 4 of the calendar for bulk collection dates and street listings by zone.
- Check pages 13 and 15 for more information on bulk collection.
- Keep your items at the curb starting on your designated pick up date.
- The Library needs your help to drive and develop their strategic plan! The strategic plan will be developed to guide the Library over the next three years. This is your opportunity to be heard and provide your thoughts and feedback. Use the QR code to take the survey!
- The Public Art Committee recently installed a new sculpture titled, Green Sculpture by artist Richard Pitts in Harmony Park. A beautiful addition to our town, please go take a look!
Board of Education:
- Next BoE meeting – Thursday, May 26, in the media center.
- Lots going on at all four schools as they wind down the school year. See website for full details: https://www.npsd.k12.nj.us.
- Membership Drive in full swing – please consider joining!
- Looking for Docents for the Salt Box Museum
- Flea Market – Saturday June 11 at the Salt Box Museum
- On the news – CBS – John Elliott – check videos of all NP shoots info on the CBS website
- Cemetery tours – four more in the works – June – more info to come
- See website for full details:https://newprovidencehistorical.com
For more details on these items, please visit our website; https://www.newprov.org to watch the Borough Council Meeting.
Questions or need to contact us? Submit an Action Line request on our Borough website.