In case you missed our meeting, here are the highlights:
- A new traffic pattern ordinance was presented and approved. This will affect the High School/Middle School streets in and out of the school. Please review prior to school starting as this will be in place by the beginning of school. <https://www.newprov.org/2022/07/new-traffic-pattern-coming-for-pioneer-drive-area/>
- Construction on Commerce Street Bridge will begin this week. https://www.newprov.org/2022/07/commerce-street-pedestrian-bridge-update/
- The Borough was awarded $223,000 for the 2022 Safe Routes to School Program. This is the forth time we have received this grant since 2012 and brings our total awarded to $1,295,000.
- James Testa has been appointed Part time Chief Financial Officer/Treasurer for the Borough effective immediately.
- Concerts in the park continue and are a great night out for the families. Free hot dogs, waters and ices are available. Thank you to all of our business sponsors for making this possible. The last concert will be this upcoming Thursday July 28 at 7pm at Centennial Park.
- National Night out Concert and Fireworks is coming up August 2 sponsored by the New Providence PBA Local 132 and the New Providence Business Community. It will be at 7pm at the High School.
- The next Chat with the Mayor is Friday, August 5th 6:30 – 8pm in the Lincoln Room in Borough Hall.