Will the police have absolute authority to enter private property to investigate a suspected underage drinking party?

No. An investigation is initiated by a complaint from a concerned citizen or an officer’s observation that underage drinking is taking place on private or public property. The police respond and if they see probable cause (such as intoxicated teens and/or evidence of alcohol consumption on the property) or a situation involving a medical/safety issues, they act.

Category: NP Alliance

← FAQs
New Providence