- The office of the Public Health Nurse is located on the third floor of the Municipal Building of the Borough of New Providence. The office hours are 8:30 AM to 3 PM. The office number is (908) 743-1049. Communication via email is also available at Jaranda@newprov.org for any questions/issues.
- The New Providence Health Department is affiliated with the Westfield Regional Health Department, located at 425 East Broad Street in Westfield. The office hours are 8:30AM to 4:30PM, Monday through Friday. The Westfield Regional Health Department phone number is (908) 789-4070.
Well Child Clinic
- This is a free service for all residents, (ages 2 months to 18 years) who are without health insurance & vaccine coverage.
- The clinics are held at the Westfield Regional Health Department 2 times per month according to need.
- Services include physical examinations, school required immunizations, and lead testing. Appointments are required and are available by calling the Westfield Regional Health Department at (908) 789-4070.
Community Health Programs & Senior Citizen Services
- The File of Life Program is a free medical information card that records all vital health information for emergency purposes; Call the Public Health Nurse to obtain the free File of Life card.
- Are not available at this time due to COVID 19 restrictions.
Community Health / Disease Surveillance / School Audits / Health Information
- Investigation, tracking and reporting on communicable disease for all Borough residents.
- Evaluation of student immunization records for completeness in all the Borough schools.
- The Nurse can provide information on resources available within Union County.
- Read about safe ways to dispose of medical waste and syringes.
COVID19 Infographics from the CDC and NJDOH:
Help prevent the spread of COVID19: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/documents/topics/NCOV/COVID19_infographic_do_the_5.pdf
What to do if you feel sick: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/documents/topics/NCOV/COVID_Sick.pdf
Isolation and quarantine length: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/documents/topics/NCOV/COVID-How-Long-Isolate-Quarantine.pdf
Isolation vs. quarantine: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/documents/topics/NCOV/COVID-19-IsolationVsQuarantine.pdf
When to test after exposure: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/documents/topics/NCOV/COVID_When_To_Get_Tested.pdf
Antibody testing: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/documents/topics/NCOV/COVID-infographic_antibody%20testing.pdf
If you test COVID19 Positive: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/documents/topics/NCOV/COVID_Instructions_Persons_Who_Test_Positive.pdf
If you test COVID 19 Negative: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/documents/topics/NCOV/COVID_Instructions_Persons_Who_Test_Negative.pdf
Other Important Information
CDC COVID19 frequently asked questions page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
NJ DOH COVID19 information page: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/covid2019_community.shtml