Synopsis of Public Art in New Providence
Recreation Public Art Projects
Three public art projects designed by Marjan Nirou Saniee, artist and recreation instructor hang in the Recreation hallway, Municipal Center.
- Blocks: A Collaborative Community Art Project (2011)
- Faces: Global Heritage of Our Local Community (2013)
- Words: Handwritten Community Messages (2014)
New Providence Public Art (NPPA) 2015
Mission Statement: It is the aim of New Providence Public Art (NPPA) to enrich the quality of life in our community by bringing outdoor sculptures to New Providence to be enjoyed by everyone.
By exhibiting public art in specific locations throughout the Borough we seek to enhance our environment aesthetically. By doing so, we believe, the cultural and artistic aspects of our community will be strengthened. A vibrant outdoor art program will benefit all in the community and add a new dimension to our open spaces.
Sculptures Around Town (Past and Present)
Bob Hill, Artist
- Cycles of Joy: Library (2016 to 2017)
- Toss Up: Library (2017- 2018)
- Coral: Municipal Gym entrance (2018): permanent memorial to Marjan Nirou Saniee
- Shared Dream: Library (2019- present)
|Cycles of Joy||Toss Up||Coral||Shared Dream|
Tom Holmes, Artist
- Cradles of Civilization: Centennial Park (2016-2018)
- Spinning Fall: corner of South Street & Central Avenue (2016-2018)
- Wind Harp: Veteran’s Park (2016-2018)
|Cradles of Civilization||Spinning Fall||Wind Harp|
- Color Field: Harmony Park at Veteran’s Park (2021 to present)
Maximilian Pelzmann, Artist
- Canopy: Allen W. Roberts School (2016 to present)
- I Hear You: Allen W. Roberts School (2016-present)
|Canopy||I Hear You|
Your financial support is greatly appreciated and your donation is tax deductible.
Please make checks out to NPPA and mail to:
Borough of New Providence
360 Elkwood Ave.
New Providence, NJ 07974
For Further Information
For more information or to volunteer, please contact Arlene Regan, NPPA Treasurer: