|Phone: 908-464-4430||Weather Hotline: 908-464-0600||Contact us|
|Community Pass Online Registration||Baseball/Softball Season Website|
|Borough Facilities Usage Request||Basketball Season Website|
|Refund Request Form|
2020 Youth Summer Camps and Programs –
As New Jersey continues “The Road Back”, the New Providence Recreation Department has evaluated our summer programs to determine what could run safely given the guidance that has been provided by the Governor, the Westfield Regional Health Department and the Borough of New Providence.
We made the very difficult decision to move all of our Summer STEAM Academy classes to an online format. The Summer STEAM Academy is a long standing partnership between the New Providence Recreation Department and the New Providence Board of Education that provides programs at New Providence High School.
Thank you for your patience as we navigated through all of the Camp and Sports Standards issued by the Department of Health. If you have any questions, please call the recreation office at (908) 464-4430.
- SUMMER ONLINE: STEAM and MUSIC CLASSES
- Playground Camp
- USSI Weekly Squirt Classes
- USSI Tennis Lessons and Camps
- USSI Sports Camps
MUNICIPAL TENNIS COURTS
Please Note: Courts 5-8 will be closed for reconstruction beginning soon. This work is scheduled to be completed no later than the first week in August (weather permitting).
Response to COVID-19:
- Courts are available to NP residents only (please have I.D. available if necessary).
- Tennis courts open at 7:30 AM.
- Beginning July 1, lights will remain on until 10 PM.
- Social distancing must be observed (visit usta.com/playersafety for recommendations).
- Public restrooms remain closed.
- Reservations can be made via the CommunityPass online registration system. Once logged in, click Browse Activities and then choose 2020 Tennis Court Reservations
- Reservations will begin two days prior at 4:30 PM and end at 4:30 PM the evening before. For example, if you wish to register for a Wednesday, the registration will open at 4:30 PM on Monday and remain open through 4:30 PM on Tuesday
- Reservations are for an hour and a half time slot. However, the last ten minutes are not for play – this time should be used for vacating the court to allow for the timely transition between time slots
- Only one person per group should register for a court
- One reservation per person per day
- All reservations are on a first come, first served basis.
- No Private lessons
- No ball hoppers
NP Recreation Policies & Procedures: (please click below)
- CommunityPass Online Registration Info and Instructions
- Registration, Refunds and Financial Assistance
- Youth/Adult Registration Form
- Refund Form (Please note: Prior to submitting this form, you must notify the Recreation office via phone or in person to withdraw from a class/program.)
U.S. Sports Institute (USSI) Information: (please click below)
Please click here for the current listing.
“Like” us on Facebook
New Providence Recreation has an new Facebook Page. “Like” us on Facebook for access to updates on our programs, photos and videos and more! Go to www.facebook.com/NPRecreation or use the button at the bottom of this page.
Other Sports Organizations in New Providence
US Sports Institute (New Providence): https://usasportgroup.com/recreation/720-new-providence-recreation-new-providence-nj
New Providence Lacrosse Club (Boys): www.nplaxclub.com
New Providence Police Athletic League (PAL): www.nppal.org
New Providence Soccer Club (NPSC): www.npsoccerclub.org
New Providence Tennis Association (NPTA): www.newprovtennis.org
Rebels Lacrosse Club (Girls): www.rebelslacrosseclub.usl.la
|Youth Sports Leagues|
|Parks & Facilities|