The DeCorso Community Center serves as the home for the New Providence Senior Citizens Club. Both the center and club provide opportunities for senior residents to socialize and participate in programs and activities in an atmosphere that acknowledges and affirms the dignity and self-worth of the older adult. Here, seniors can apply their wisdom, experience insight and skills in an environment of respect, confidentiality, trust, and support.
Donated to the Borough by the DeCorso family in 1959, the facility includes a library, solarium, kitchen and areas for presentations, performances, exhibits, games, exercise and parties. The Senior Citizens bus can provide transportation to many Senior Center activities and events.
By collaborating with other agencies and groups, the center is a rich source for information on healthy living, healthcare, assisted living options, and much more. Residents age 55 and older are encouraged to take advantage of this special place!
The monthly newsletter provides information, a schedule of events, and other news of interest. CLICK HERE to view current and past issues.
SCHEDULE CHANGES AND UPCOMING EVENTS
- During the month of July we will be conducting a Food Drive to benefit the food pantry at Our Lady of Peace. Please bring in a canned, boxed or other appropriate item to donate.
- The Senior Citizens Club is running a trip to the Sands Resort Casino in Bethlehem, PA on Tuesday, July 31 from 10:00 a.m.-5:15 p.m. – Trip cost is $25. Receive $20 “slot money” and $5.00 food coupon. Advance tickets required. Call (908) 665-0046 for more information.
- At the Club meeting on July 25 at 11:00 a.m. Frank Quadrino of Lyons Hospital will be speaking about Veterans Benefits.
- Author/lecturer Kevin Woyce speaks about the “History of the New Jersey Shore” at the New Providence Seniors Citizens Club meeting at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, August 1.
- A Technology Class about iPads and iPhones will be offered on Monday August 13 at 10:00 a.m. Advance sign up required.
- Plans are being finalized for the DeCorso Center kitchen renovation in August – stay tuned!
- There are a variety of exercise classes almost daily – check them out!
Please see our regularly scheduled classes and event details in our monthly newsletter.
Monday – Friday 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
15 East Fourth Street
New Providence, NJ 07974
Senior Center Coordinators: Therese Dalton and Michelle Zack