The DeCorso Community Center serves as the home for the New Providence Senior Citizens Club. Both the center and club provide opportunities for senior residents to socialize and participate in programs and activities in an atmosphere that acknowledges and affirms the dignity and self-worth of the older adult. Here, seniors can apply their wisdom, experience insight and skills in an environment of respect, confidentiality, trust, and support.
Donated to the Borough by the DeCorso family in 1959, the facility includes a library, solarium, kitchen and areas for presentations, performances, exhibits, games, exercise and parties. The Senior Citizens bus can provide transportation to many Senior Center activities and events.
By collaborating with other agencies and groups, the center is a rich source for information on healthy living, healthcare, assisted living options, and much more. Residents age 55 and older are encouraged to take advantage of this special place!
The monthly newsletter provides information, a schedule of events, and other news of interest. CLICK HERE to view current and past issues.
SCHEDULE CHANGES AND UPCOMING EVENTS
- The Union County College LIFE class ends on Monday, December 4.
- On Wednesday December 6 there will not be a regular club meeting. The club’s holiday dinner party will be held Wednesday night from 5:00-8:00 p.m. Advance tickets are required for the dinner and advance sign-up for bus pick-up is also required.
- Thursday December 7 from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. there will be a trip to the Jersey Gardens Mall for holiday shopping. Please sign up in advance for the trip.
- On Saturday December 9 at 1:00 p.m. the Union Methodist Church Choir will perform their Christmas Cantata at the DeCorso Center.
- The “In Control” and “Chair Yoga” classes will run through Monday, December 18.
- The Center will be closed Friday December 22 through Monday January 1.
Please see our regularly scheduled classes and event details in our monthly newsletter.
Monday – Friday 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
15 East Fourth Street
New Providence, NJ 07974
Senior Center Coordinators: Therese Dalton and Michelle Zack