The DeCorso Community Center serves as the home for the New Providence Senior Citizens Club. Both the center and club provide opportunities for senior residents to socialize and participate in programs and activities in an atmosphere that acknowledges and affirms the dignity and self-worth of the older adult. Here, seniors can apply their wisdom, experience insight and skills in an environment of respect, confidentiality, trust, and support.
Donated to the Borough by the DeCorso family in 1959, the facility includes a library, solarium, kitchen and areas for presentations, performances, exhibits, games, exercise and parties. The Senior Citizens bus can provide transportation to many Senior Center activities and events.
By collaborating with other agencies and groups, the center is a rich source for information on healthy living, healthcare, assisted living options, and much more. Residents age 55 and older are encouraged to take advantage of this special place!
The monthly newsletter provides information, a schedule of events, and other news of interest. CLICK HERE to view current and past issues.
SCHEDULE CHANGES AND UPCOMING EVENTS
- Ageless Grace brain health and fitness program classes will be held on Thursdays March 1, 15, 22, and 29 at 11:00 a.m. Advance sign-up is required. This program is free to NPSCC members and to all New Providence senior citizens. There is a $5 charge per session for non-residents. (Please note March 29 make-up date for class cancelled due to inclement weather.)
- Chair Yoga and In Control exercise classes resume on Monday, March 5.
- The L.I.F.E. class on select topics in biology, taught by Professor Bill Dunscombe, continues on Mondays at 10:30am (except for March 19) through March 26.
- Overlook Community Health will offer BMI and glucose screenings on Thursday March 8 from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- The Book Club will meet on Tuesday, March 20 at 10:45.
- The Current Events Discussion Group will meet on Tuesday March 27 at 10:30 a.m.
- The Center will be closed on Friday March 30.
- There are a variety of exercise classes almost daily – check them out!
Please see our regularly scheduled classes and event details in our monthly newsletter.
Monday – Friday 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
15 East Fourth Street
New Providence, NJ 07974
Senior Center Coordinators: Therese Dalton and Michelle Zack