Purpose of the Website
It is the purpose of the official Borough of New Providence website, newprov.org, to provide accurate, non-editorial content and information about the functions, services, activities, issues, operations and projects of the Borough of New Providence municipal government. When/where appropriate, the website will be used to facilitate the delivery of direct services provided by the New Providence municipal government to its citizens and visitors. All New Providence municipal government offices, departments, agencies, governing bodies, boards, and commissions are eligible to submit content or request the posting or hypertext linking to appropriate information to support their mission or service initiatives. Unless sponsored by an eligible user (as defined above), other individuals or groups are not eligible. All Internet posting requests must come from an eligible user. The Borough Public Information Officer is the public point of contact for all concerns regarding the borough’s web presence. Comments about this site are welcome from any source and are always greatly appreciated.
The information provided via the Borough of New Providence website is considered public and may be downloaded, printed, or distributed freely by and amongst the general public. (PLEASE NOTE: website/page design, HTML coding, interactive web applications, scripts, and/or custom website graphics and certain photographs are NOT public domain and require expressed permission from the author/creator for use and/or implementation on any website that is not maintained by the Borough of New Providence. For more detailed copyright information, please contact the Borough Public Information Officer for the Borough of New Providence. )
Privacy & Security of Personal Information
The Borough of New Providence utilizes information systems to provide its citizens with numerous services. As reliance on the information created with these systems increases, so does the borough’s responsibility to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of its computing infrastructure and the data associated with it. The safety and privacy of citizens within the Borough of New Providence and borough employees is impacted by the borough’s ability to maintain information security and privacy. Borough management recognizes and accepts the importance of information security and privacy as a critical element of the successful operation of the Borough of New Providence.
IP Addresses and Cookies
The security of the information you provide to the Borough of New Providence is important to us. However, the Borough of New Providence website includes links to other sites, and when you choose to visit those sites, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or how user information is utilized. In addition, we may permit third parties to offer registration-based services through our site. We are not responsible for the actions and policies of these third parties, and encourage individuals to review the privacy policies of these parties when supplying personally identifiable information to them.
Links To and From the Borough of New Providence Website
External links may be made to websites that meet the following criteria, as determined by the Borough Public Information Officer:
- Sites that are owned and managed by a state, local or federal governmental agency or local school board.
- Sites that are maintained by an organization that receives direct financial support from the borough.
- Sites that have a direct contractual relationship with the borough for the provision of goods and/or services.
- Sites that provide a unique online resource that will assist in the provision of services and/or information that compliment the purpose of the borough’s web presence as outlined above.
External links will not be made to sites that fall within any of the following criteria, as determined by the Borough Public Information Officer:
- Sites that are owned or managed by a political party, candidate or special interest group or are of a political nature that are associated with, sponsored by or serving a candidate for elected office, any political party or organization supporting or seeking to defeat any candidate for elective office or ballot proposal.
- Sites that are owned, managed or provide content for commercial, non-profit, religious, community, civic or other organizations that do not have a direct contractual relationship with the Borough for the provision of goods and/or services.
- Sites containing any materials that may reasonably be considered scurrilous or offensive. Offensive materials are defined as sexual content or images, slurs against race, religious or political beliefs, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or physical attributes.
Links may be made to the Borough of New Providence website with the express written (email) permission of the Borough Public Information Officer.
The borough may collect and store information for statistical purposes. For example, the borough may count the number of users to the different sections of the website to help make those sections more useful to users.
E-Gov Link is the application that the Borough of New Providence uses to provide real-time customer service to our website visitors. The E-Gov Link service automatically collects a user’s IP address, browser type, date and time of the visit, the referring webpage and transcripts of each session. The Borough of New Providence uses these items to provide a more thorough and efficient response to customer service inquiries and to collect statistical information regarding the usefulness of the application.
The official language used for the content of the Borough of New Providence website is English. A free translation service provided by Google® is available through the links provided that offer immediate translation of our web pages using Google’s software.
Computerized translations are only an approximation of the website’s original content. The translation should not be considered exact and in some cases may include incorrect or offensive language. The Borough of New Providence does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. In addition, some applications, files or items cannot be translated including graphs, photos or portable document formats (pdfs).
The Borough of New Providence does not endorse the use of the Google® translation site; other translation services may be used to view our site. Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk.
Acceptance of Terms
- You agree that you will not violate (or attempt to violate) the security of this website by hacking, sending viruses, or any other similar malicious or careless conduct.
- You agree that you will not utilize the communication methods found within the website for the communication of any material that may reasonably be considered scurrilous or offensive. Offensive materials are defined as sexual content or images, slurs against race, religious or political beliefs, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or physical attributes.
- You agree not to upload (or attempt to upload) content of any type to this website.
- You acknowledge that you have no right to the intellectual property associated with this website and that you have only a limited right to use this website.
- You acknowledge that the Borough does not warrant the accuracy or availability of this website.
- You acknowledge that the Borough is not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury that you may have as a result of your use of this website.
- You agree to be bound by the laws applicable in New Providence with respect to your use of the website and you agree that any court proceedings relating to your use of the website will take place in the Judicial District of New Providence.
- You agree to grant the Borough all intellectual property rights in the content of any email that you send to the Borough.
- You acknowledge that the Borough does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any website content translated by third party systems.
If you do not AGREE to ALL of these terms, please log off of this website immediately.
Borough of New Providence
Public Information Officer
360 Elkwood Ave.
New Providence, NJ 07974
Email contact form